Sunday, September 20, 2009

What I'm Playing This Weekend


What am I playing this weekend? Batman: Arkham Asylum, of course!
I've played about half through the campaign and like everyone, I'm blown away by the awesomeness this game is.
This game perfectly captures the series tone of the latest two Batman movies but still is true to the cartoon series. The presentation should become a standard for super hero games - it's clearly a game developed with a mature audience in mind. The graphics are, thanks to Unreal Engine 3, state of the art. The gameplay is so fluid and fun, the delay for polishing so payed out!
And the story with all the different characters ties you to the screen! The characters benefit from unique and original voices delievered for example by Luke Skywalker aka Mark Hamill who does an impressive job in bringing the Joker to life.

Time for me to return to Killer Crok's lair. I'll post a few more words when I'm done with this instant classic.

No comments: