Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Microsoft Eats Epic Games?




There are plans that Microsoft will take over Gears of War and Unreal Tournament creators Epic Games. Microsoft wants to take over Epic in summer 08 for 1 billion US dollar. Now Mark Rein, vice president of the company, said:

"I have not seen the actual GamePro article but if they're going to make predictions about us selling Epic we would prefer if they started at $2 billion," he said. "Because we don't want anyone thinking that we're cheap. :)"


I hardly hope that Epic will stay independed. Why do I care so much? I've played their games like Unreal Tournament and Gears of War right from the beginning and I am seeing them more in the PC sector as in the console sector and I think that a Big Boss company like MS will force Epic to release unfinished and uncreative games. Also, punches in Microsoft's face like releasing UT3 time exclusive on PS3 won't ever be possible. Epic has to stay independet. Let's hope for the best that they won't be eaten by the monster , devoured in creating shitty games and farted out with getting closed because not selling any titles.
Perhaps I am a bit too pessimistic, well, fuck that overtaking.

No comments: