Sunday, July 6, 2008

Fresh Games



Some fresh games arrived this friday. The packet included 'Unreal Tournament III' for the 360 and the 'Crysis' Special Edition for my new laptop.
UT is a real fun game and the coop rocks, even if splitscreen needs a bit time to get used to it. And the difficulty "insane" is really insane with pad controls, think I'd be better with mouse and keyboard.

I'm a bit disappointed about 'Crysis' to be true. It's not the game itself, but the problems I had/have with it on the hardware side. The first problem was that it (luckily just) after the installation decided to be not playable because my "DVD could not be authentified". Oh, shit, there always gotta be something when you want to play on PC. Found out that this is because of a fucking copy protection. Yeah, makes sense if you've bought the damned original. Anyway, patching to version 1.2 brought nothing and so I had to use a NODVD crack.
The other problem is that this game is the most resource eating piece of software I've ever met. My laptop is anything but bad, but it was hard to make this game run smooth. The in game hardware scan advised "high" settings, but it was to laggy for my taste. Now I changed settings to "middle" and changed the resolution to 720p. Still looks good and now is playable.
I bet I wouldn't have those problems with the UTIII PC version... Damned CryEngine2.

No comments: