Sunday, November 30, 2008

I Just Saw Max Payne



I decided to go to the cinema and watch the Max Payne movie. I played both videogames (I finished Max Payne 2 in one night) and with Mark Wahlberg as Max Payne I thought nothing could go wrong. Kind of. It was an interesting movie but as far as I remember it had not much in common with the games. Where was Baseball Bat Boy for example? The movie was a new interpretation of the game's story line. I've seen worse games-to-movie-movies (Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat) and I've seen better (Silent Hill). It was okay.
And besides Wahlberg there were some familiar faces - Natasha Sax (I doubt there is even a Natasha Sax in the game) is played by the latest Bond girl (Olga Kurylenko) and for those Prison Break fans of you, Sucre (Amaury Nolasco) plays one of the movie's villians.

No comments: