Wednesday, December 8, 2010

These Are My Christmas Gifts To Myself

Haha, yeah, I am really gifting myself. And even weirder: I won't even celebrate christmas, since I am still in Turkey (christmas is absent here as my 360 is far away), but I think it is a good excuse to spend some money for my secret love: Videogames.

My 2010 was extremely hard in studies and since September I am in Turkey for my semester abroad, which is more relaxed, but bad for gaming since I have all my equipment in Germany. Gladly we have a PS3 in the flat (which is always blocked by my flatmates playing stupid FIFA 2010) and I managed to get a copy of Super Street Fighter IV for a good price of 50 Yeni Türk Lira which is about 25 Euro. That is cheap, because games here usually cost between 70 and 90 Euro! And even though I have Steam and Starcraft II, gaming on the laptop is just an excuse for not having a console.

I'll be back home in February and these are the self christmas presented games which await me:

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction:



I missed this title due to university stress. Now I am getting it for an incredible cheap price of 13 Euro. I played the demo and I liked it. Should be a fun ride.

Alan Wake



I am a fan of Stephen King novels and this game should be the equivalent for video games. From what I've heard, it's short and good.

Bayonetta



Another 2010 early hitter which I need to catch up to. It looks a bit strange, but the demo was nice. I had my fun with Devil May Cry 4, so this should suit me well. Oh yeah, and the presentation is nice. Over the top. People even say it's the best action game ever. I will find out.

Dante's Inferno



I loved Dead Space and since then watch the studio's work closely. Dante's Inferno has been critized for being this or that. But the demo blew me away and it was only a few bucks. So a sure buy for me.

Final Fantasy XIII



It's about damn time I play this industry giant. At the time it released I really didn't have the time for a monster game like this. But I have the soundtrack and I really like it and probably listen to it more often than I should. When a game has a soundtrack like this, it can't be bad. Yes, I know, it is linear, in the first 20 hours at least. But since I lost all faith in JRPGs this generation, I will give them one last chance. And which game would be better suited for that, than this one?

So, these are my christmas presents. Basically it's just all the great titles I missed earlier this year. This fall has some very sweet games like Enslaved, Castlevania, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, Fallout: New Vegas, etc. But I will wait until next year to get those once they are as cheap as the ones above. For New Vegas it might be right to wait for the GOTY-Edition anyway to get the complete package.
How about you? Which games do you hope to find under the christmas tree?

1 comment:

Henry Rowman said...

I like this blog than the feeling of extasis do you have the devil may cry 5? how many cost, excusseme for mi poor english is little as you check, can you help me with twisted metal Nuke i love that game is drug for me, i womnt i wont i wont aaaahhhaahhahh sorry