Monday, May 26, 2008

Nice Lifestyle Gimmick Alias Wii Fit


Just found this 'Wii Fit' review on GT. I asked myself how much of a game this balance board personal trainer is. What's 'Dr. Kawashima' for your brain is 'Wii Fit' for your body. I tried it myself on the last Leipzig Games Convention and found it annoying but fun. As fun as 'Wii Sports' perhaps. But who plays 'Wii Sports' still nowadays? Me certainly not. That's just the new Nintendo way: stabbing the hardcore in the back and reaching for the nongamers. But would Nintendo have had another option? The core gamers migrated to Sony and even Microsoft in the last gen feeling not nice with only those family friendly games on Gamecube. Another flop like the cube Nintendo perhaps wouldn't have survived. I think we don't have another chance as seeing the nongaming flood as a chance. Bring them to the real games and convert them to core gamers. I do this whenever I have the chance.

No comments: