Saturday, June 21, 2008

Tales of Vesperia Demo Out


Yes, it's true - there is a demo out on Xbox Live for the anticipated JRPG 'Tales of Vesperia'. The only problem for most people is that it is released on the japanese marketplace. Now you have 2 options: create an japanese account or simply watch the demo playthrough the frenchmen over at Gamersyde did for the lazy gamers.
I chose the second opinion and my impressions are overall good. The game looks amazingly beautiful, yes, I like cel shading. The voices are okay - not outstanding and you have the feeling you've heard them before, but you can play the game without muting. Not every text passage is spoken though - I am sensitve to that since 'Mass Effect'. I hope in the final game there will be an option to hide the subtitles in the bubbles (creative at least), cause I like to play my games that way better. The fighting system seems fun - looks like the beat'em'up style matches we know from the 'Tales of' series. Can't say much about the story - but I have a feeling it is the usual fantasy save the world crap. But let's just wait for this.
And don't forget that there is a smoking wolf in your party... !? WTF - were they high when creating this chara?
So, to sum up, I like the game. I don't know how it will compare to those other RPGs coming this year, cause there'll be a lot of them and we will have to pick our favs.

No comments: