Monday, September 28, 2009

TGS 09: Final Fantasy XIII Trailer And Translation



It's the new Final Fantasy XIII trailer premiered at Tokyo Games Show 2009! With over 7 minutes it is massive. This trailer spotlights the characters and their relations. For my taste it's too romantic and I had to laugh when I saw the blond guy on his space motorbike. And there is some terrible J Pop in this trailer. I hope a version with the US voices will be released I prefer them by far. And for those that want to know what was spoke I'll add the translation!



Serah:

Because I'm frightened that I can't see the future...
Because I'm sad that I can see the future...
I close my eyes, and let myself be flooded by sweet memory.

---

Serah:

I can tell my sister, right? About becoming a l'Cie.

Snow:

C'mon, telling her we got engaged is more important, right? Heh! I wonder what Lightning's face will look like. Maybe I should call her "big sister" from now on?

Serah:

*Titter*. Yeah.

Snow:

All right!

Serah:

So lovely…

Snow:

Let's watch them here next year, too.

Serah:

I love you.

---

Yaag:

The enemy is l'Cie! Bring them down at all costs! Don't think of them as two humans. Think of them as two animals!

Lighting:

I'm going to charge them. You run. And don't die.

Hope:

But...!

Lightning:

Make it home alive!

---

Snow:

Serah! What's your Focus?! All l'Cie have a Focus, right? I'll help you! We'll do it together!

---

Lightning:

When our parents died, to protect Serah -- and because I wanted to be an adult -- I became Lightning. I thought I'd grow up if I abandoned the name my parents gave me. But I couldn't protect her. In fact… I only hurt her. Serah tried to tell me… and I wouldn't believe her.

---

Jhil:

Your son's crystal will become as a monument to the tragic hero who saved Cocoon.

---

Sazh:

Monument?!

Jhil:

Rather than be decried as the son of a l'Cie, living a miserable life… don't you think it would be far more fortunate for him?

---

Hope:

I'll go after I rest a bit. If they catch you harboring a l'Cie, Father...

Hope's Father:

Don't be absurd! This is your home.

---

Serah:

I know I can beat this, because all my friends are with me.

Vanille:

I'm sorry… I'm so sorry!

---

Snow:

I beg you. Save Serah!

Lightning:

Bastard! A fal'Cie would never listen to a human's wishes… damn it!

---

Lightning:

It's a l'Cie! Use it!

Sazh:

So now it's the Sanctum l'Cie, that blesses all citizens of Cocoon with light.

---

Serah:

Snow!

Snow:

Serah!

---

Hope:

Something's coming!

Yaag:

You shall not escape… l'Cie!

---

Snow:

Look! This is what a l'Cie is. Well?! I'm a human, just like you. A human born and raised in Cocoon! You get it?! Cocoon is our home! We want to protect it, just like you do!

Yaag:

I do comprehend your position. But as long as you l'Cie exist, all humanity is face with grave danger. Would you trade the lives of tens of millions of Cocoon citizens for your own?!

---

Lightning:

Humans… are kept. I was kept, as a pet! Born in a world sustained by l'Cie… raised on the fodder they provided. If that was taken away from us, we would be lost.

---

Vanille:

So shoot.

Sazh:

Shut the hell up! You wanna die and call it a day? You think they'll absolve you if you die?!

Vanille:

Then what are we supposed to do?!

Sazh:

Figure something out!

---

Hope:

What if people lose all hope because you continue to live, and fight? How would you atone for that?!

Snow:

I don't know! All I can do is move forward!

Hope:

"Move forward"?! You're using that as an excuse to run away!

Snow:

So what do you want me to do?! Take responsibility and die?!

Hope:

EXACTLY!

---

Snow:

A l'Cie… with Sanctum?!

???:

You should be worrying about yourself.

---

Snow:

Serah...

Lightning:

Talk! You couldn't protect Serah! It's your fault--

Serah:

He can.

Lightning:

Serah!

Serah:

He can. Protect… protect Cocoon.

No comments: