Monday, December 21, 2009

I'm Not A Fan of Bioshock 2's Multiplayer


I am not sure wether it is Mass Effect or Bioshock that is the best game I've ever played, but it is sure that I loved both games. However, I am glad to see that for Mass Effect 2 Bioware didn't even think a second about integrating a multiplayer mode. That is different with Bioshock's sequel. In the first Bioshock there was no multiplayer mode so that the devs could spend all their effort for the campaign and the result surpassed every hype. Looking at the videos below showing the multiplayer , I have to say I am not a bit impressed. It looks like generic FPS 08/15 with Rapture skin on. Remember, the single player campaign and multiplayer mode are developed by two different teams. Ken Levine, father of the first game, would never have agreed with such decisions. But Mr. Levine gave his child away for something that is 'substantially more ambitious than Bioshock'. Whatever this has to mean, I want to clarify that I am hyped for Bioshock 2's campaign, but I hope they cancel the multiplayer.





No comments: