Sunday, January 31, 2010

Mass Effect 2 - Which Class Will You Play?


Chances are you might in the same situation as me: Still waiting for your Mass Effect 2. Oh, it is hard to wait for the best game of all time when you know that many other gamers are playing this masterpiece already. It has even sold 2 million times already. A German saying says "pleasant anticipation is the greatest anticipation". And yes, I am thinking a hell of a lot about Mass Effect 2.
Right now, most of my thougts circle about which class to take. In the first Mass Effect I played a male good vanguard and a female evil soldier. With Mass Effect 2 all is open again. I can keep the characters as they are or I can completely change their look and class. I like the look of my Shepards, but with the class introduction videos down below I am thinking about switching classes. Also I have in mind, that choosing a class has influences on your team. With that I mean that an adept class character with a team full of biotics (Subject Zero and Miranda, as far as I expect it) will lack in firearms and heavy weapons. I am not sure which characters to implement in my team until now, but remembering the first my favorite team was Shepard with the Krogan Wrex and the Asari Liara. Anyway, let's have a look at the classes availlable in Mass Effect 2:

Adept Class



The Adept is Mass Effect 2's magician. He's specialized on biotic powers, but completely lacks on weapons. He is himself the weapon. Only the adept can develop all biotic powers.

Infiltrator Class



Long ranged weapons and tactical cloak. The Infiltrator is a perfect covert op, sneaking behind enemies and blasting their heads off. Not my type of playstyle.

Vanguard Class



Vanguard class is the one I chose in the first game. Bioware has seriously pimped it up: Now Vanguards have the charge ability which lets them rush even through objects to slay there enemies with close quarters combat shotguns. Looks definitely very cool.

Sentinel Class



The Sentinel is the combination of biotic and tech powers. He has a very cool tech armor. The tech armor makes him incredibly tough to kill. I like that.

Engineer Class



The Engineer is a master of tech powers. Not only is he the only one who can summon a battle drone, he can also manipulate robotic enemies like the geth so that they turn against their comrades. Sounds and looks cool, especially the manipulation thing, but it's a character that acts mainly from the background.

Soldier Class



The Soldier has access to all weapon and ammo types. He is the only one who can use machine guns and heavy weapons. It'd be a blast to play as soldier, in every sense of the word.

After having a look at all of the classes I am still not sure which one to take. All look cool in their own way. I tend the most to Sentinel or Soldier Class. But I'd like to know YOUR opinion, because I assume that many of you are already playing Mass Effect 2 and can give a tip based on experience. Your comments are appreciated!

No comments: