Saturday, January 17, 2009

Fallout 3 DLC


Fallout 3 is a massive game without doubts. My play count is at over 25 hours at level 14 and I still didn't do many things for the main quest. No need for DLC right now from my side, but I know many of you Fallout fans can't wait for it. I remember Microsoft's E3 press conference where Bethesda announced the Xbox 360 console exclusive Download Content. So what's it all about with the DLC?
There are three Download Contents announced so far:
First is called: Operation Anchorage and is coming January 27th. You'll have to liberate Anchorage, Alaska, from Chinese Invaders. It will cost 800 MS points and add multiple hours of new gameplay.

The second DLC is called The Pit and let's you explore a raider town with the same time. So you'll finally be able to interact with raiders, I guess. Estimated release date is end of february.

The third and last announced DLC is named Broken Steel. In this final (?) DLC you will be able to join the Brotherhood of Steel and defeat the Enclave once and for all. The former ending of Fallout 3 will be erased, so that the game is open ended and you can still play the game after beating the main quest. And this DLC will increase the level maximum to thirty. Release in march 2009.


As far as I am concerned, I think it is somehow stupid that this DLC is released so fast in Q1/2009. You could've easily kept people playing Fallout 3 the whole year with releasing it not so early and fast. And I think it is a mistake to remove the level cap with the last instead of the first DLC. I will wait until all of those DLCs are released and then buy them all at once. Then I will play through the three DLC quests and so reach level 30. In the meantime until the end of march I will finish the main game, play Street Fighter IV and Resident Evil 5. It's not like there aren't enough other high quality must have games.

No comments: