Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Gears Movie As Epic As LOTR?


Yeah, of course. That's what the director Len Wiseman wishes. Saying that the Gears movie would be more like a "hard edge Lord of the Rings" and disguising that he is not much into videogames, I have seriously doubts. This guy didn't even know Gears before. He also said:
"I suck at video games, it just takes me too long and I can't get the coordination of 'em,"

When I was on Die Hard, I had to choose some video game for the background in a scene with Kevin Smith. I was shown about a dozen games and told to 'Choose one to be in the background' and I said 'this one looks really, really cool whatever it is,' and it was Gears Of War. I just really connected with it; the design of it the world, the whole thing. So I actually brought an Xbox 360 to start researching what it was."

"It's going to be much more [on the] science fiction side of it than the creature side of it. I've always been much more of a sci-fi action fan than a horror fan."


Perhaps this game to movie adaption will not suck. That's how much hopes I have. But I think that Tolkien's Lord of the Rings is in another realm. If it's as epic as Terminator, that's fine with me.

No comments: