Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Killzone 2 Fanboys Burn 360s



Looks like some Killzone 2 fans got their 5 minutes of internet fame. This is so foolish, I'll leave it at quoting. I wonder if this isn't fake. Anyway, I had a good laugh.
WHEAT RIDGE, CO – Commuters on I-70 gawked at the massive bonfire that lit the night sky over the highway yesterday evening. The fire, built by the Wheat Ridge High School AV Club, burned into the witching hour before WRFD extinguished it around 5AM this morning. At the bottom of the fire pit, a surprise: local firemen found two-dozen smoldering Xbox 360s, repurposed as kindling, which had fused into a glob of smoky white plastic.
[...]
“The time is now, destroy 360s we will,” preached Mr. Robert to his fellow club members and any receptive passerby.
[...]
Another club member, David Smithyman, gladly shared his two cents on what makes Killzone 2 different from other video games. “Yeah, I, like, played a burned debug copy. I can’t tell you where I got it, but, like, man, in the first level I found a valve, and, like, I turned it with the controller’s Sixaxis,” said Smithyman. “It was, like, totally like turning a valve in real life if, like, the valve was, like, shaped like my controller,” Mr. Smithyman went on, his words degenerating into muddled tongues.

No comments: