Sunday, November 22, 2009

Metro 2033 Gameplay Video


Metro 2033 is a game developed by 4A Games, a Russia based developer. The story is taken from the novel of Dmitry Glukhovsky with the same name. In the year 2013 the earth as we know it is destroyed and the last survivors hide in Moscow's vast Metro system. Twenty years later: You lived your whole life in the metro, among the other survivors. Under this circumstances a fearful society has developed and when attacks from mutants begin, your adventure starts.
It definitely sounds inspired by Fallout to me, but anyway, that is a good thing because since playing Fallout 3 and reading Stephen King's The Stand I've build up a fetish for postapocalyptic scenarios.
The video below is a first look from German Game Pro magazine. Basically they talk about how good the atmosphere of the game is and that Metro 2033 is as full of details as Half Life 2 or Bioshock. It is even said that the game comes in the first quarter of 2010. I have my doubts on that, but I will keep the game in my mind, I think it has amazing potential.

No comments: