Sunday, October 26, 2008

Far Cry 2 Reviews


Far Cry 2 as one of the highly expected games of this fall is out and doesn't fail.

GT gives 8.7


1Up gives Far Cry 2 a B+:
No matter Far Cry 2's faults, two fundamental aspects save the experience: It plays well, and it looks good. As much as I find malaria annoying, I also find the tactical freedom satisfying. Sure, the lip-sync's a bit off, and the fire details aren't as stunning as they should be -- yet the eye-candy objective's more than filled by sunrise filtering through the jungle trees or an intense fire eating its way through an outpost in the dead of night. I hate how baddies shrug off bullets, but I love the crazy (and graphic) injury animations. Even if I find the multiplayer too staid, I find the possibility of cool user-made levels (via the easy map editor) tantalizing. Like any good Grand Theft Auto, Far Cry 2's overall package makes up for any individual flaws -- enough for it to be on a short list of best FPS games this year -- and so it's fitting to summarize it as...well, GTA: Mogadishu.




Gameranking says 86%!

No comments: