Tuesday, September 9, 2008

DAMN! Castle Crashers Save Bug!


If you read the last few posts you propably will have gotten the idea that I am a bit crazy about 'Castle Crashers'. And that's true, I very much like this game and played it often the last days, always with 1 to 3 companions.
Now comes the problem: I had an Level 22 Orange Knight and a friend and me were playing the Castle Crasher mode when my brother decided to join. So we exited the game to the title screen and he signed in. When we now entered the character selection screen both the accounts of me and my friend were gone back to level 1 while my brother as third had no problems or losses. Strangely the unlocked grey knight is still available.

Damn... WHAT A MASSIVE BUG in a level up and boost yourself game. That were easily 7 to 8 hours of my life glitched away! I am very unhappy and even a little upset right now.
So, I searched the internet and found that there are several tricks to retrieve your lost data, which sadly didn't work for me:

Gamefaqs

He brought his hard drive and 360 back over to do some experimenting and to make a REALLY long story short, we discovered that if he started Castle Crashers from the dashboard his save wouldn't show up, but once in the game, if he signed out of his profile and signed back in, his character would re-appear. When I moved my memory card over to his Xbox I noticed that my save wasn't showing up either and the same trick of just signing out (while still in Castle Crashers) and signing back in made my character show back up.


Giantbomb


The other trick to try is to go to an Xbox Live match, Create a match, toggle your ready status, and then back out. I had tried this trick to no success when I originally found my characters missing, but that may have been *after* launching a Local Game.


Developer The Behemoth is aware of this issue:

Also we’ve been informed that there are some suggestions out there about how to help recover your lost saved data. Again, we’re working on resolving these issues for the update but these might help you in the meantime.

We don’t have a specific time frame yet but we have been working on all known issues as soon as they appeared. Our team has gone without rum and biscuits since we became aware of the issues and will continue to deprive our programming team of both sleep and contact with family and friends (they don’t really have friends).


Yeah, an update is on the way. At least. That won't bring my Level 22 Orange Knight back what makes me very sad. I won't play this game again until the patch is out that promises me my progress won't ever be glitched away. Hurry up, The Behemoth!

5 comments:

Razgate said...

I just recently had a similar problem but mine was that my Xbox 360 had to be replaced so i transferred all my saves to the new 360 Via memory card and downloaded all the arcade games again but the major problem is that not only do i not have my lvl 27 orange guy but when i play the game again it doesn't save at all, even when it says saving.
I'm really pissed off by this.

Hans said...

Certainly you'll be happy to know that a patch is on it's way. Hold on a few more weeks. Sucks, I know.

Samantha Barrow said...

We've been having this problem on and off. My husband, our friend and. The first time, my husband and his friend's games didn't save but mine did. We beat the game, all of us at level 23 (achieved the industrial knight). But when I logged back in, they're at level 23 and I'm at level 13!13 Damn it!. (It shows the skull that means I beat it, just lost everything 13, most importantly my super shiny gold key). And My industrial knight, who was at 12 is now at level 3! So I think we're just gonna not play until that patch comes out :(

Anonymous said...

hi! I have the same glitch, when I play castle crashers only on my xbox live gamertag it doesnt save, in my brother's xbox live gt it does save, he is a lvl 19 gray knight, and I was a lvl 22 red knight, I hope the behemoth release the update soon with the new weapons and fix some bugs

Anonymous said...

i had the same problem with my saved data on this game. i had a lvl 23 blue night and i lost it all so i just thought that i diddnt save the game so i went BACK through the entire game and got it back and made sure i saved this time. the next time i was on all my stuff was gone again and i know i saved so i deleted the game off of my xbox cause i was so mad