Sunday, September 21, 2008

Fuck This Avatar Crap


Major Nelson shows customization of the avatars, which will be included in the fall dashboard update called The New Xbox Experience. I hate those avatars. I bought my 360 for games like Bioshock, Gears of War, Grand Theft Auto, Mass Effect, Unreal Tournament and so on. Games with lots of mature content for a mature consumer group. Of course Microsoft wants to have a big fat piece of the rotten nongamer cake, looking greedy over to Nintendo with their Wii and Mii shit that sells like crazy. So they are aiming to get the 360 into people's mind as the family choice with the extremely cheap arcade model and a wave of new games like Lips, You're in the movies or the Viva Pinata franchise.
That's a strategy that now takes place on the back of the coregamer. I hate Miis for their oh happy day look and the same is with avatars. And they replace your gamerpic. As far as I know that and the whole new dashboard look is optional. Thank god or the few sanes at Microsoft for this.
I think I'll stay with the old dashboard. I love it's look and functionality. I made my point clear. But I must admit I am excited to see how many boxes will break in the update process.

<a href="http://video.msn.com/video.aspx?vid=af0e0dcd-5cff-43a2-bd32-4841fe6a89d1" target="_new" title="Avatars in the new Xbox experience">Video: Avatars in the new Xbox experience</a>

No comments: