Sunday, March 29, 2009

Counter Strike - The Source of Evil


Today when I took my breakfast (casuals), I read our local newspaper. There was one article catching my interest. It was about so called "Killerspiele". Oh, how I hate that term but here in Germany it is a common word for all those evil computer and videogames that ruin lifes and make little children to bloodlusting murderers. The article was an interview with the "manager" of the local addiction guidance center and he said things like Counter Strike and World of Warcraft should be banned... I guess every one of you has a local idiot like him in his newspaper.
One thing I find very impressive is that Counter Strike is the root of all evil since the Littleton school shooting in 1999. Wow, this game is since 10 years the scapegoat to blame! That's remarkable. It's still easier to blame Counter Strike than to search for the real causes like an instable social environment. But I bet it will be the scapegoat for the next ten years to come... Counter Strike, I salute you.

No comments: